We all have piles of makeup, more than we actually need. And so many times we just end up buying cosmetics without even knowing how exactly to use it. Professional makeup artist in Delhi Riya Vashist walks us through an easy, everyday makeup routine using products that we usually own. Let’s understand how to apply these cosmetics correctly.
Here are Some tips to apply simple makeup for everyday.
- FOUNDATION: Before you select the foundation, knowing your skin type is very important. So first step is to know if you have dry, oily, combination or normal skin. Let’s say if you have oily skin, choose the foundation that’s oil-free and lightweight, normal skin types are lucky to wear any foundation and for sensitive skin, make sure to choose mineral makeup only. Next step is to find the right shade. Though its tricky to select the perfect shade matching your skin tone and only about 20 percent of women choose the correct shade matching their complexion. Mostly girls use their hands to apply foundation; instead, I would suggest using a liquid foundation brush. First, use your fingers to dab the product in 4 spots on your face and then blend it with the help of a brush. On your forehead and chin brush back and forth, while on your cheeks, brush down and away from the center of your face.
- CONCEALER: Concealers work best to cover your dark circles and skin imperfections but the trick is to choose the right shade. It shouldn’t look like ghostly white rims around your eyes. Also if you feel your concealer is a bit thickly and cakey, a professional makeup artist in Delhi suggests adding a drop of moisturizer to your brush before dabbing the product under your eyes. Blend it until the skin looks smooth and flawless.
- POWDER: Using the powder brush, apply it in circular motions to buffer it into the skin for a natural look.
- BRONZER: Most of us do not know how to really use bronzer to the best of its abilities. First of all, use a fluffy bronzer brush for the best results. You can avoid contouring during the day as bronzer is usually used to add warmth to the face so best is to apply it for night out. A bronzer with orange undertones is great on darker skin tones because it adds warmth. For neutral skin tone, you can use semi matt bronzer. Swirl the brush in the product rather than dipping it right in the middle of your product, tap the brush so some product comes off, then start with your cheeks. Sweep the brush up and down. Repeat on the other side. Then finish with your forehead, chin, and neck.
- BLUSH: Blush requires a fluffy yet dense brush. You can opt for peachy tones or petal pink that works best with your skin tone. Smile and apply to the apples of your cheeks, suggest Riya, the most sought after freelance makeup artist in Delhi.
- EYES: Simple eye makeup works best, especially for a routine everyday outing. First, apply a shadow and cover your entire lid with the help of a fluffy shadow brush. In case you don’t have it, you may even use your finger. Then if you wish you can dab another shade of eye shadow to make it look little intense. You can add a little drama with colored eyeliners. As for mascara, dab the wand on a paper tissue first, then apply it on your lashes. You can also use smudger for smokey sultry eyes. Besides, you can experiment with eyeshadows in pop colors or a multicolor mascara.
- LIPS: Last but not least, complete your looks with lips! For every day, you can either wear colored shimmer gloss or lipstick. You can choose colors ranging from pink to red and shades of brown. If you fear wearing bright colored lipstick, the best way is to dab the lipstick on your bottom lip and rub your lips together for just a hint of color. Then add gloss to bring out the color a bit more. Also, while choosing lipstick you can keep it Matte or Demi-matte as these tend to stay longer. And you’re done with a look that’s flawless and is apt for everyday wear!
This will give you a new bridal look and confidence. You don’t need to go to any makeup salon to get a professional look. Only follow these simple steps and get a new look to your face.