Achieving beautiful and glowing skin is everyone’s dream. First step towards fulfilling this dream is to know your skin type, so that you can work in accordance with your skin to make it radiant and attractive. There are many skin doctors in Delhi that can help you in deciding your skin type. There are few tips that works equally for all the skin types.
It is always advisable to avoid cosmetics and use natural products as much as possible, to avoid the harshness of cosmetics on your skin. But remember if its not natural but it suits your skin, use it as long as it feels right and works for you.
Keep smiling, it not only brings smile on the others face but also adds on to the glow of your skin. Have you ever noticed how weird your face looks when you are in anger with frown eyebrows and how beautiful it looks when you smile? Always remember, the best natural remedy for a glowing skin is smile.
Drink lots of water and eat healthy
Drink lots of water throughout the day, at least 2 to 3 litres per day to keep your body as well as skin hydrated. Lack of water can dehydrate your body which can take a toll on your skin making it dull and lifeless.
Remove make-up before going to bed
Removing make up or cleansing your face before going to bed is essential because this is the longest restful stretch. So not only cleansing but also moisturizing, treating your lips, heels, applying targeted skin care during night is a good option because it’s the time when it can deeply penetrate, without adverse effects from sun exposure.
Study shows that sleep deprivation can lead to dark circles while making your skin dull and tired. Seven to nine hours sleep is a mandate for healthy functioning of body and glowing skin. Take a proper sleep to keep your skin shinning.
These are few basic tips that work for all types of skin. Now in a broader prospective, let’s have a look at the skin care tips that varies skin to skin.
Dry Skin Care Tips
1. Cleanse less & Moisturize more- For dry skin, you have to cleanse your face only once a day or maximum twice to avoid it from getting dry. Using a right moisturizer with sunscreen is more important or you can use sunscreen after applying moisturizer. Use moisturiser before going to bed and make sure to give your skin enough time to absorb moisturizer before using make up over it.
2. Use sunscreen- Sunscreen is vital to stop ageing for all skin types, but it is a mandate for dry skin because dry skin ages faster. If possible, try to avoid sun rays during peak hours between 10am to 4pm.
3. Don’t shower /bathe for long- In case of dry skin dermatologist recommend taking shower or bathe for less then 5mins. So, don’t spend more than 5 to 10mins in shower. Try to use mild soaps that too in alternate days. Scrubbing is not for you, it can irritate your skin and make it drier. Avoid it.
4. Use right dry skin products- An important measure to keep your skin healthy. Products with natural hypoallergenic ingredients like cocoa butter, virgin coconut oil and Vitamins A, C, D & E are best. Also, make sure to use alcohol free tonners such as rose water.
5. Eating habit- Eat food rich in Vitamin A, B, C & E, they are high in antioxidants. Also add foods with Omega-3 & Omega-6 fats to help your skin produce more oil. Don’t forget to drink lot of water and avoid products high caffeine such as alcohol, coffee, soda etc.
Oily Skin Care Tips
1. Cleanse more & Use oil free moisturizers– Wash your face at least twice a day, but again do not cleanse it more then 3 to 4 times. Along with it use oil free moisturizers and maximum twice a day, you can make it once a day or even you can skip it too. Use alcohol-based tonner to absorb the excess oil, make-up and dirt.
2. Don’t use hot water- Don’t use hot water bath, it will cause your oil glands to release more oil. Even in winters, use lukewarm water instead of extremely hot water.
3. Eating habit- Eat healthy, live healthy. Avoid processed foods rich in oil and spice. Also avoid sugar, eat lots of vegetables and drink plenty of water.
Don’t go to bed without removing make-up, and make sure your hands are clean whenever you touch your face. Use oil free or water-based skin care products while you are cleansing, toning and moisturizing your face.
Sensitive Skin Care Tips
Sensitive Skin is a type of dry skin which is extra sensitive and more prone to pimples. This type of skin needs extra care, you can’t pick and try any of the available product in market without consulting it. This can cause more harm than good. So better consult before deciding on any product.
1. Avoid skin products- Use natural products, avoid all kind of soaps and face washes, instead use hypoallergenic cleansing lotions.
2. Use moisturizers- Use moisturizers specially designed for sensitive skin only. It is always advisable to do an allergy patch test every time you buy any new skin care product. Also make sure to check the expiry dates of the products and don’t use old make-up products, such as eye liner, mascara, eye shadow etc.
3. Sunscreen- Sunscreen is a mandate whenever you are out and if regular sunscreen irritates you, then buy a sunscreen labelled as water-resistant containing less chemicals which will not irritate your skin.
Take out some time to develop a good skin care routine that suits your skin type. If you are still not sure of how to care for your skin type, walk to skin doctors in Delhi and talk to dermatologist about the products you are using. With a slight change in your daily beauty regime and lifestyle, you can achieve a healthy glowing skin.